<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Worth Recording 

I originally wrote this on 2001, April 14, 7:46 pm. I just thought this would be a nice introduction. (Edited for blogger)


“My life had not been worth recording again until now”

I wrote that in my journal on August 4, 1997. Then again, I actually didn’t start writing again.

I kept a diary before, starting sometime when I was in High School. Most of the entries actually weren’t good, but some were, not that there were a lot of entries to begin with.

When I became a Christian sometime 1994, I added a few more entries, which were somewhat better. When I got my computer sometime in 1998 I decided to encode the entries I wrote after I became a Christian, which turned out to be a good thing ‘cause I’ve already lost that diary. (The diary I refer to is different from my journal such that my journal contained my everyday schedule.) Unfortunately, sometime during year 2000 my hard disk crashed because of hardware failure, thus losing all entries. So I start anew again, hoping these new entries will be good ones.

I would have several entries where I would mention something and yet not expound on it. Not to worry, I plan to tell more about those things during other entries; I just don’t want to drift too far away from my point by explaining them. They will be explained during the appropriate topic.

Why am I doing this, you may ask. Not that I think I’m special or something. Lots of people write in diaries. So how is this any different? Well, I’m hoping this will be relevant. That will be the key word here: relevant. Hoping not to sound too arrogant, but many diaries are meaningless, writing about love and emotion and love and crushes and love and friends and love and life and love… well, I hope you get the picture. Not that those topics are meaningless, definitely not, but the manner in which they are discussed is so shallow that it is meaningless; dwelling on unbalanced opinions, misdirected emotions and incorrect terms and, ahem, grammar. Writings such as those only propagate wrong ideas. That’s where I hope my writings will be different. I hope they will have a point, something you can learn from (and maybe even be amused by). Rest assured, there will also be shallow topics… if I feel like writing about them. I only hope you will not be offended by anything I say or discuss or by any of the terms I use. I will try to be as delicate and tactful as possible, but being frank and honest will still be more important to me. Rest assured, I do this to “educate”, or at least raise some questions in people’s minds about life and the world around us and whatnot.

The writings I write which appear as journal entries are written straight to the computer, no scratches or anything. I avoid editing past works so I can preserve the thoughts I originally had, not unless I saw there was something terribly wrong (or there was horrifyingly bad grammar). I’ll try to have back up copies in a couple of disks so that in case (God forbid) my hard disk crashes again I won’t lose these. I write this with the hope that if ever I pass on, the lessons God has taught me will not pass with me. If you're patient enough to have read this far (and nice enough to actually have thought this interesting) and enduring enough to read other entries, I thank you and hope you can use and benefit from the things I have enjoyed writing.

I hope the things I write about are truly worth recording. How can it be told that any of my writings were worth recording? If someone actually benefits from them.

Thanks… and God bless.

- A. L. E. -